Oklahoma Divorce Center helps make the divorce process more affordable, simpler and easier for you and your spouse to handle.
We prepare all the forms that you need in order to file an uncontested divorce in ANY county in Oklahoma.
Our process for preparing your divorce forms and paperwork is pretty simple, easy and straight forward:
- You answer all the questions that we need to know on our online form. This typically takes most people about 10 minutes (if you have no children or shared property with your spouse)… or 15-20 minutes (if you DO have children or shared property).
- You make payment to us safely and securely through PayPal for only $199. You may use check, debit card or credit card through PayPal. Your $199 covers the cost of us preparing your customized divorce forms for you.
- We will prepare your divorce paperwork typically in 1-2 business days & mail it (along with court filing instructions) to your doorstep priority mail.
- Once you get the divorce paperwork… you AND your spouse will need to sign certain forms on there and get them notarized by a notary (we instruct you on which parts need signatures & notary stamps).
You may get your divorce forms notarized at your county courthouse.
- You will make at least four (4) copies of your divorce paperwork. This may be done at the courthouse as well.
- You will be able to file your divorce paperwork by paying your court filing fees to the county clerk. This will range anywhere from between $150-$200, so you will want to call ahead to your local courthouse and get the exact amount.
If you have children with your spouse, you will also have to attend a half-day seminar and watch videos on ‘How to Help Children Cope with Divorce’. This will cost you and your spouse $50 a piece. The judge will not finalize your divorce until you have attended the required seminar & watched the videos.
- The county clerk will then schedule a date for you to come see the divorce judge. If you have no kids, they will set the court date about 10 days later. If you do have kids, they will set the court date about 30 days later.
- When you see the judge, there will likely be many people in court that same day also getting a divorce. When it is your turn, you will simply hand him the divorce decree (that we have prepared for you)… and inform him/her that you want a divorce and unless there are any issues, they will grant it for you.
- You divorce can be finalized on the day of your court date (if you have no kids)… or it will be finalized after 90 days (if you do have kids)
- Remember — you cannot get remarried or live with another person you are dating (unless it is to your former spouse) for at LEAST 6 months.
All in all, it is a pretty simple process. The TOTAL cost of getting your divorce when you figure in all the costs will be between $300-$500 typically.
You will pay us $199 to write your paperwork, about $150 to $200 for court filing fees, about $5-$10 for notary fees, about $5-$10 for copies, and $50 a person to watch the children videos (only if you have kids)
What many people do who may be on a tight budget… is to divide up the costs between their paychecks. With one paycheck they will pay us to create their paperwork and with the 2nd paycheck they will pay the court costs.
…or call us at 918-200-9695 if you have any questions.